Dr. Juan Lopez Corvola
Director of the Bariatric Surgery Program & Chief of Surgery at Angeles Hospital Tijuana
Dr. Corvala is one of the top ten bariatric surgeons in the world and throughout his decades of practice continues to remain passionate about helping people.
Dr. Corvala began his extensive training at the Medical School of LaSalle University in Mexico City with a specialty in General Surgery. In addition to his duties at Angeles Hospital Tijuana he is a Proctor for INAMED, recently acquired by Allergan, where he teaches U.S. surgeons training for gastric band surgery. Throughout his career Dr. Lopez Corvala has also taught as a Professor of Obesity Surgery in the United States, Europe, and throughout Latin America, while publishing numerous articles on laparoscopic surgery. Dr. Corvala is bilingual, speaking English and Spanish, and loves to communicate with the patients he is about to help realize a better life through surgery.
Dr. Corvala Explains the Weight Loss Procedure
Dr. Corvala’s Background
- Medical School: La Salle University 1973-1978. Mexico City
- Specialty General Surgery. Residence in General surgery: Hospital of Specialties IMSS “La Raza” Medical Center. Mexico City. Obtaining The Title of General Surgeon UNAM 1984 (National Mexican University).
- Certified by the Mexican Board of General Surgery with Recertification folio 2454
- Member of the Mexican Association of General Surgery (AMCG)
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- Member of the Mexican Association of Endoscopic Surgery (AMCE). Former President (2007-2008)
- Member of the General Surgeons Association in Tijuana
- Member of the Mexican College for Obesity and Metabolic diseases. (CMCOEM) Current President (2011-2013)
- Member of the Latin American Association of Endoscopic Surgery
- Former Member of SAGES (Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Sugeons)
- Member of the International Federation of Obesity Surgery (IFSO)
- Professor of General Surgery of The University of Baja California from 1993 to date.
- Professor of the Basic & Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery Training Center, Tijuana Baja California.
- International Professor & Proctor of Bariatric Surgery.
- Former Professor of Obesity Surgery (Lap-Band placement) in the United States.
- Invited Professor in multiple national and international Bariatric surgery congress.