Our Medical Travel Process
Our Proven 4 Step Process
Serving on average more than 1,200 medical tourism patients every year, we are the International division of the largest private hospital family in Mexico.
We treat more North American medical tourism patients – Americans and Canadians traveling abroad for medical care – than any other hospital network in the world. Angeles Health International was created specifically to serve the needs of our American medical tourism/medical travel patients. We will take care of all of the details of your medical travel trip!
This is our process:
The first step is to get in touch
You can call (toll free) to get put straight through to a US based case manager who specializes in weight loss surgery. Or you can complete the inquiry form or sign up to one of our free, no obligation webinars, where you’ll get a chance to meet the team and learn more about our World Class facility and surgeons.
Your Quote and Consultation
Your you have been in touch, you can expect the following from our case management team:-
- 24 hour turnaround on your quote request
Your medical package includes all medical costs such as hospital stay.
- Information collection
Your Case Management team will collect your personal and family medical history including any necessary lab tests, diagnostic images, and recent diagnoses. For plastic surgery patients, photos of the surgical area will also be required. All records are handled with utmost attention to patient data security and confidentiality.
- Surgeon communication
Not all cases require a surgical consultation. However, more complex surgeries, or patients with health complications, may need multiple contacts with the surgeon – email, conference call, video conference. Your Case Manager will make the necessary arrangements at no cost or obligation to you.
- Case Management team dedicated to your case
A surgery facilitator and travel coordinator will take care of your planning and itinerary needs, and can answer any questions you may have about Angeles Health International hospital faculties, surgeons, and medical travel services.
- Plan your ItineraryYour bilingual Medical Tourism coordinator will provide you with a detailed itinerary that includes a complete schedule detailing:
- Any pre-surgery lab work
- Your procedure
- Expected recovery time
- Local transportation arrangements
- Hotel information
- Airline information
- Important contact numbers
Travel For Weight Loss Treatment
You’ll be met at the nearest airport (or for drivers at border) by our comfortable Hospital Angeles shuttle service and taken to your destination. Angeles Health International hospitals are located in major metropolitan areas and commercial districts-typically just a domestic flight away for most medical tourism / medical travel. You will then meet your surgeon and can expect the following:-
- Approval for surgery
The surgeon will review your completed online medical evaluation, required x-rays or pictures, and consult with you as needed to approve you for surgery.
After pre-operative checks, you will taken to the OR for your procedure.
After Your Procedure
- Release from the hospital/hotel stay
If your surgeon requires follow-up consultation, you will stay at one of our specially priced partner hotels until you are approved for travel.
- Surgeon follow-up, release for travel
Your international patient ‘medical tourism’ package includes return transportation to your destination airport.
- Recovery and follow-up
Once you are home, Hospital Angeles International will follow up with you to ensure your recovery is going as expected, answer any questions and help address any after care requirements you may have.We always provide our medical tourism patients with the opportunity to give us feedback on every element of their medical travel experience, to help us ensure our International Patient Program is providing the highest quality care and service possible.
Learn More About Medical Tourism and Global Healthcare
- Did you know… that, in its recent report Medical Tourism: Consumers in Search of Value, the Deloitte Center for Health Solutions reported that about 750,000 Americans headed abroad for major health care last year and an estimated 1.5 million will do so this year?
- Did you know… Americans go to Mexico by the thousands for dental care – where a perfect smile is far more affordable than the US. From families of one to families of six, dental tourism to Mexico is on the rise.
- Did you know… that Forbes magazine reported last year the hospitals and physicians medical tourism patients are frequenting are frequenting are “usually first-rate and, amazingly, can provide operations at 10% to 30% of the cost in the U.S.”
- Did you know… medical bills are the number one reason for bankruptcy in the US? For many people, medical tourism is a solution that brings with it not just quality health care but improved financial stability.